In SL viewer 3 group roles still can not be changed easily

Faubio Alter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since the change over from viewer 1 to 2+ the roles within the groups hud can not be changed without first ejecting members then re-inviting them with thier new role name. (1) Before you simply re-clicked a few boxes and I believe hit (2) save and the process was completed it no longer works this way. It appears I am doing the proper process but it does not work. ?????????????

So i want to change "sample" to a vip I unclick musician box then click the vip box and then the save button and i get nada? What's up with that?

group roles 12 9 2011 1 43 PM.jpg

2 answers to this question

It works for me, I just tested it. Are you an owner of the group?

ETA:

Maybe it is because sample is online? By that I mean, my test subject isn't, so maybe if Sample is wearing the group tag have him remove it while you change roles maybe?

ETA2:

No, that's not it. When you say nada, do you mean the screen just goes grey after you hit save? Mine does, but then when I click on the person's name whose role I just changed, it is as I wished.

So, for me, it is as easy as you described it should be, 1. Unclick a role 2. Click a new role 3. Hit save.

The only thing I noticed is that I can't make them stop being an everyone, but I think that's standard.

Anyways, I hope yours gets sorted soon. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.