I'm having problems getting my L$s to show up in the viewer after logon.

Faubio Alter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After logon to the SL grid my account balance is showing up as zero when I have funds available. At one time it was necessary to relog to break this hang free and show the funds. Recently I found a post login work around; by requesting 10000000000000L$s as a lindens buy the system voids the transaction and when it does my money appears but this is still bothersome. Is there another way?

Actually this is a very old problem that needs a real fix not just a bandaid.

@ peggy cache was cleaned about three days ago and I do use the external browser. Actually I do not believe these would be the cause of the problem, please explain why these are associated problems with the L$ balance? Yes, transferred funds will unhang it some of the time. It's showing an amount but it is incorrect (see below).

uuue.JPG

".why not give it a try instead of dismissing it out of hand?  Like I said, I've never had the problem myself but I have had a friend who did have the problem quite often.....he started doing what I do and for well over a year he hasn't asked me send him $L1 (I haven't asked him outright if he's had the problem but since he hasn't said a thing I take it to mean he hasn't).

I'm not going to argue my point...........I just told you what my experience has been and what I do and what I've told one other resident to do and it seems to work.  Believe it or don't believe it.  Try it or don't try it.  Dismiss it and never know if it will work for you.  It's that simple"

@ peggy Thank you for the input. I just cleaned my cache in browser a few days ago too. I meant no offence, it was just a question.

@ char, Thanks char, that refresh trick worked. I would have never found that unless I had some how stumbled on it. You get the kudos and the solution. Good job! :)

6 answers to this question

Perhaps it because I clear my cache often and I use the external browser instead of the built in browser (which I also clear often but not using the viewer option) but I've never experienced the issue.  However, I had a friend who constantly had the problem and would complain to me all the time....he found out that if I sent him $L1 his linden balance would update and problem solved (he did always pay me back, BTW).  He asked me why I never had the problem which started the conversation about how often I clear my cache plus using the external browser and clearing that cache often from the browser itself.  He started doing what I did and, as far as I know, he hasn't had the problem since.  You might try that.....it's worth a shot anyway since your account balance is shown in the viewer by querying your account page with your browser (the one you choose in your preferences).

I haven't seen you around much lately, Faubio........how you been?  :matte-motes-big-grin:

@ peggy cache was cleaned about three days ago and i do use the external browser. Actually i do not believe these would be the cause of the problem, please explain why these are associated problems with the L$ balance? Yes, transfered funds will unhang it some of the time. It's showing an amount but it is incorrect (see below).

--------------------------------------------------------

Your linden balance shown in your viewer is not stored on any asset server, nor is it stored locally on your computer.  It's stored on LL's secure user account page that we all have (commonly refered to as our dashboard).  To get that information and display it in your viewer a browser is called up when you launch your viewer.  A few other things are requested which also require your browser to gather the information at log in (your account status and linden balance are two).  If your web browser's cache is corrupted or borked the information requested by the browser may be incorrect or missing........clearing that cache would solve that issue (just as clearing your texture/object cache clears those corruption issues).  It's easy to do and hurts absolutely nothing........why not give it a try instead of dismissing it out of hand?  Like I said, I've never had the problem myself but I have had a friend who did have the problem quite often.....he started doing what I do and for well over a year he hasn't asked me send him $L1 (I haven't asked him outright if he's had the problem but since he hasn't said a thing I take it to mean he hasn't).

I'm not going to argue my point...........I just told you what my experience has been and what I do and what I've told one other resident to do and it seems to work.  Believe it or don't believe it.  Try it or don't try it.  Dismiss it and never know if it will work for you.  It's that simple.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.