Very confused about land

funkilicous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

im looking for maybe a 1024sq m land to breed horses and i ran across something that i never seen someone was advertising breedable land, What excatly is the difference between breedable land and the land i already own?

i asked the sales agent he said something about lsg or something i just thought if the covenant said there no covenant on this land that your free to do as you please. Maybe im wrong please give your opinions on this and let me know if im wrong.

There are 2 basic types of land.  Linden mainland and private regions/estates.  Many private regions have bans on breedables in their covenants due to the lag inducing nature of having an over abundance of inventory. :)   So those regions that allow breedables now tend to advertise that to draw in renters.  Linden mainland is mostly non-covenant, anything goes.

--Cinn

If a covenant doesn't ban breedables, you may be told to remove some or all of them anyway.  Many covenants have a clause that the owner reserves the right to tell you to remove / or return stuff that is using to many of the sim resources.  This can not only add to lag, but the resources aren't available to other lot owners.

Even if it doesn't have a covenant the estate owner would be irresponsible allowing such a small lot to suck up a huge chunk of server time and the owner has a right to control this. On no covenant the mainland, the Lindens will tell you to remove things under these circumstances particularly if neighbors complain.

The owner will more than likely take the size lot you own into consideration when deciding this. Even though you may be able to physically put a number of animals on a 1026 , if you pack it you will be using server time way out of proportion to the percentage of the sim you own or rent. If you pay tiers on a quarter sim, you expect that on average 1/4th of the server time is available to you. 

This has gotten to be a large enough problem that in the near future, land in SL will not allow you to run scripts past a certain point.  The server time allocated to a lot will be in proportion to its size, just like prims are restricted to certain amounts now based on lot size.  If you go over your limit then the scripts that put you over won't function at all.

Bottom line: Even if i were looking at land on a breedable friendly sim, I'd ask how many animals I'm allowed on that size lot to avoid any unpleasant surprises in the future as they breed and produce more.

Free to do as one pleases; within the guidelines established in the Second Life Terms of Service and the Second Life Community Standards, these Policies apply to all Regions in SL. Regions without Covenants do have rules.

I believe that the TS and the CS offers a guideline for all Regions and that additions or clarifications to a Covenant provides additional direction for the expected or desired behavior or conduct of Residents in a specific Region.

If a Region's Covenant specifically allows for Breedables, Residents in that Region may encounter quantities of Breedables.

Tacit Acceptance is in the spirit of the Covenant agreement. Reproduction for most Breedables is based on time. Regions hosting Residents who own Breedables will inevitably encounter instances of imbalances in the Use of the Region's resources. Residents who rent in Regions with Covenants that give notice that said activities will or may occur, should expect instances of said activity in that Region to possibly occur. 

For Residents who may feel that they have been unfairly targeted with abuse reports because they own Breedables, a Private Region offering to host this service could provide for a remedy for those Residents.

What is considered "wrong" in SL is usually discovered at Login or in an email from LL. 

"You cannot access Second Life from this computer"

Shoot first; ask questions later. :smileyvery-happy:  

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.