Can I build my own home with my premium account

SilverFox Longfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You have to purchase a parcel of land to do that. Every 512 M2 of land gives you an allocation of 117 prims to work with, and you have to pay a monthly fee, called Tier, on the land that you own, above the first 512 M2. (Assuming that the land is on the Mainland.)

So for example, you could find a nice 1024 M2 parcel of land somewhere on the mainland, pay what the current owner (another resident, just like you) wants for it, and then you woild pay a monthly fee of $5 USD to Linden Lab for the maintenance of that land. $5 a month is the tier level for up to 512 M2 of land that you are paying tier on. You would be able to use up to 234 prims on that parcel of land, for your home and furnishings.

When land on the Mainland is abandoned by the former owner, Linden Lab eventually auctions it off. In that case, you buy the land at auction, rather then from another resident, but otherwise it works the same way.

Land on private islands (sims owned by a Resident) do not require you to be a Premium member. The landlord is the sim owner, and they pay the monthly fees to Linden Lab to keep that sim alive. (Ususally $295 USD per month.) The landlord's tenants in turn pay a monthly fee to the landlord for their rent, which hopefully covers what the landlord pays to the Lab. Some oprivate sims require paying a price for the parcel of land at the start, and some don't, because the actual ownership remains with the landlord, who has tools available to reclaim the land, if, for example, the tenant doesn't pay their rent, or breaks the rules for that sim.

• Like 2

Yes indeed!

First, make sure you do not own a Linden Home.  If you do, Abandon that.

Second, find a piece of land you like that is for sale.  Land for sale will be colored yellow on the Map, if you check the appropriate box.  You can also find parcels for sale in Search.  Filter the Search for "Mainland".

You can buy a parcel up to 512 square meters in size and not have to pay any monthly tier on it.  You will pay tier on mainland in excess of 512 m2.

Purchase the land from the current owner.  Now it's yours, and you can build on it.  For a table of how many prims you can rez on different sized parcels, and how much the monthly tier cost will be, see this link.

https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US

For more details about buying or renting land, come to my course at Caledon Oxbridge University, Fridays, 5 pm SL time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.