Is it still possible to have a registered Alt linked to your Premium Account?

Budster Bashly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

For as far back as I can remember accounts, either mains or alts, were always separate and independant accounts.  They never were linked in any way except that mine shared the same contact information and the same payment method.  The very first account I made in October, 2005 was the account that became premium just about 1 month after joining SL.  When I created this account in February, 2006 as a basic I decided that I wanted to switch my original premium account to this account which was basic........I had to time the upgrade to this account (Peggy Paperdoll) and the downgrade of my original to within a few hours of midnight on the day the payment was due, or have to pay double premium fees.  All because of the accounts being entirely separate as far as Linden Lab was concerned.  Unless there was a linking of account pre October, 2005 there never was any linkage at all.

That is not possible. LL has never offered any way to "link" one account to another, or to share any benefits whatsoever from one account to another. Even if you use the exact same personal information and payment information on multiple accounts, they do not share any "benefits".

I suspect what she did was simply to purchase a Permium membership for both her main and her alt, and paid the same dues for each account, (Doubling the cost of having only one account Premium.).

EDIT to clarify: What is not possible is to "Link" an alt to a main account in any way, and share benefits, as the OP indicated they thought their mate had done. LL has never offered any way to link accounts and share benefits.

I was not responding to what Peggy did, which was to hand off her land from one account to another, making the new one Premium as the old one ceased to be premium, and taking advantage of a very narrow time window as the old account was just about to expire to avoid being double-billed for tier, or losing the land for non-payment. Her accounts still were not "linked" to each other in any way.

Ceera, if you are talking about what I did, no I did not have two premium accounts at one time to switch my original, premium account to my, then, alt account (that was me). Back then premium accounts had access to telephone support for more than just billing problems. I called support and explained what I wanted to do about a week before my premium payment was due (that was entirely coincidental about the phone call.....I pay quarterly and always have). I was told by the support person that in order to do that without having to pay a month's premium for the alt I had a window to make the change..........I believe that was something like 2 hours plus or minus midnight SLT for the payment of my premium account when I could downgrade my premium and upgrade my alt (one transaction right after another and the downgrade had to happen first). The only issue I had was that I wanted to keep the First Land I had as a premium member.........that was fixed by having a very good and trusted RL friend who was also premium purchase the land for $L0 from my original account and then sell it back to me for $L0 after the switch........that was all explained by the support person over the phone.

I don't know if you can still do that.......back then is was a different Second Life than it is today. If anyone wants to switch their primary (premium) and alt (basic) accounts you probably do have to pay at least one month's premium for two accounts. It would be interesting to know if anyone's done what I did lately.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.