My credit card was charged without my being notified

Portia Yearsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hello Portia and welcome to SL Forums. Here is a resident to resident Forum and my feeling is that we can't help. The best you can do is to contact Billing Support. This way you will speak directly with someone of LL's support team. Other options:

• Toll-Free Support Number for UK, Germany, France, Japan, Spain, Brazil, and Portugal: +0080071237123
  • Customer support phone number (All Countries): +44 2033620268
  • Email: support@payments.secondlife.com

Check your membership. That's really the only reason I can think of that your credit card would be charged. Go to your dashboard and click the little arrow next to "Account" on the lefthand side of the screen. In the expanded menu, click the first option - "Account Summary." The first thing there is "Your Current Plan," which will tell you if you're on Basic or Premium. Basic is free; Premium gets charged.

If you are not a Premium member, I can't think how or why you would have been charged without notification, assuming you haven't bought $L recently. Either way, as LoveAngel suggested, contact Billing Support and they'll investigate the cause of unexpected billing.

If you have a Premium membership, or own land on the Mainland, Linden Lab will charge your payment method whenever that bill comes due (monthly, quarterly, or annually).  They will NOT notify you each time you have a payment due.

You are responsible for monitoring your account and knowing when a bill is about to come due.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.