why cannot find the url addresses I enter, I always see this note: this region no longer exists.

mediatorx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello mediatorx. I assume you try to teleport to a region using an old landmark. Sims (regions) close or places change location often. It happens. Where you want to go? What is the name of the region? For which address do you speak? If we don't know it, we can't help. Edit your post (Options --> Edit) adding more details.

If a region is off line for maintenance, you will get that message.  You will also get it if the region no longer exists.  Both situations are very common in SL.  This is a world of constant change.  One way to tell if the region is simply off line temporarily is to look for it in your Map view.  If it's there, but inacessible, wait for a while.  You might also try teleporting to an adjacent sim and walking acrss the border.  If it's not on the map, though, the region is gone.  I can't begin to count the number of old favorites I have seen vanish in the past few years.  Fortunatly, new ones keep appearing all the time.

Yep, that is pretty much what it mean it no longer exists. You can search for places in the map with the URL. If it's not found there then it does not exist. However, sometimes places are off line when you search for them try them several times over a few hours to be sure.

You can also try to find it using this online resource:

http://slurl.com/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.