I am not receiving anything when I am not online.

StormyEagle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I logged in this morning after being offline for several days, I had no messages. I did not get a messages capped message; just nothing. I get group messages and ims when I am online, but nothing when offline. I made a purchase from Marketplace while offline, but did not receive that either, even though the history says the items have been delivered.

-------------

As an update to my question, I am still not receiving anything in game while offline. I did change my preferences to send messages to email when I am offline and do receive group notices and messages in my email. I submitted a support request to LL and was told that they cannot provide support unless I upgrade my account. I guess I will just have to live with the inconvenience.

7 answers to this question

Don't expect to get a "messages capped" message.  If they are capped, they're capped and you'll never know.  Because that's always a possibility, it's wise to order items from Marketplace only when you are in world to receive them.  The transaction history in Marketplace simply records that they sent a delivery command to the merchant's Magic Box.  Marketplace has no way of knowing that the Magic Box couldn't deliver or that you couldn't receive.  It's a dumb system, but it's what we've got until they finally release the Direct Delivery system.

That's a good question. Remember, though, that it's not just IMs that count. The cap includes any notecards, group messages, group invitations, or items that you bought or were given while you were not in world to receive them. I am always amazed by how many pointless group messages I get in a day. Also, IMs still count against the cap even when you have had them forwarded to e-mail.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.