What Games based on/including NPC's are any of you wanting to see, will make or improve with?

Poenald Palen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Personally, I am wondering what gaint monsters can be made with a 64m prim and if these will be able to be used for NPC characters! Also, pathfinding is a major upgrade that I am sure might be neat for many things. Rezzing stuff? will we be allowed to have them rez stuff? We will see very soon. BUT, lets start dreaming now!

Tell us all what game stuff you want to see, will make (unless it is top secret!) or stuff you think will be awsome when NPC's are added to the mix.

I wnt to see the ability to crate rigged animated mesh objects, not just for clothes wearing, but for actual monsters and NPCs. I suggested allowing us to script a rigged mesh object to animate to an animation file placed insode the object. The reason for this is to allow more advanced animated monsters and NPCs that are'nt bots.

Currently i have created for my games 1 prim goblins that rock from side to side thanks to prim puppeteer and they follow people about. But i would love to make proper NPC characters that move their limbs. It would push SL into the realms of proper gaming graphics leaving behind the stop-go motion stuff we currently have.

From what I read the NPC additions are basically to allow better pathfinding, some other movement based additions and some other scripting and so on to make it all work. There have been work arounds, I remember a robot that would fly over and greet visitors being in many locations in SL. That was years ago. These days I see shop bots using the human looking sculpt persons available from a few makers. But the way of animating is not so smooth. Bot programs exist to run an avatar that walks from different locations. I am thinking this is basically a LSL efficiency sort of deal, with some extra added polish to make it all work better.

I wonder if we will see any basic AI stuff added? I mean, we have chat bots and so on. Some of the better ones might use off world servers or bot client/viewers that run on peoples computers. But, some basic game based in world LSL makes it a lot faster and feasible for creators. Not sure if it is good though, but basic AI for finding people is most likely in the pathfinding project, if at it is being worked on at all.

Soon we will see though, I think it is december sometime. No rush, I will not be able to spend much time with it anyway. Unless it is really great and I will be stuck for several hours a day trying to remember to stop at the end of the next hour...yet, still I sit playing around with the code lol. I assume it will be limited though, mostly pathfinding and tracking avatars. Not to bad. Rigging might keep me busy for a few hours at least! This is something I want to learn and can't think of a better project, off the top of my head. It also allows me to sort of prototype stuff for a game I was wanting to work on that is a non SL thing. But, if it works....maybe make a basic version of it and try out effects, textures and rigged model or two right in here. But, even that project is maybe going to be thrown out the window....sadly. So...maybe I will be stuck wondering around in world for a few hours and enjoying the cool stuff people make with this!

The main problem with "robotics" in Sl allways been sensorics and never the actual movement.

I wish they would improve the sensorics. including a support for cross grid travel. Many Estates consist of more then just one sim and you need the ability to properly navigate between regions in a low lag fashion.

Some day i hope i could script NPC infantry, tanks and even jets for my sims, so that there is allways action. Even if there are not so many players around.

I allready made alot of experiemnts on the matter and i ALLWAYS failed on the sensorics part as well as navigation because LSL has no sufficient tools for the matter wich would work in a low lag fashion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.