sim owner ruined my furniture!!!

Sierra Oskar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I rent a house in a gorean sim for a long time. there were never any problems with the previous sim owners. The sim recently changed owner and this guy thought in order to reduce lag to disable the scripts from sex rugs, etc in my house.  it would be easier just to tell me to remove the furniture. Now they are all useless prims with no menus and no modifiable. i paid thousands of lindens this and instead of having fun in sl i get in every day trying to find the creators to fix them.  i cannot even reset the scripts since the menu is broken down. My questions are 1. how did he manage to ruin the scripts since he is not the owner of the items and 2. how can i repair them since i can never find the creators on line.

Thank you Blaze and Mary for messing up my sl home!!!!!

Hi he wouldnt have been able to ruin your scripts sounds like he has just changed the perms of the land and no longer allows scripts to run on his land, which for some one renting out houses doesn't make much sense!!.   Im sure if you take your items back into your inventory and move to  new land  where your allowed to run scripts all will be fine again :)  your items will work if your allowed to run scripts on the land so check that before you rent a new place.

In answer to the first question, "how did he manage to ruin the scripts since he is not the owner of the items", there's a tool accessabile only to sim owner and estate managers, in the World-Region/Estate menu, that allows you to set scripts to "not running" in objects that don't belong to you.    There is no equivalent option to set them running again.

In answer to the second question,  "how can i repair them since i can never find the creators on line,"  if the objects (not the scripts) are modifiable, you may be able to use the menu option Build-Scripts-Set Scripts to Running.   I don't think it's available for non-modifiable objects, though, in which case all you can do is replace them.

if the object is mod but the script isnt so you cant set the script to running you could drop this script in to it and click to set it to running maybe

default{    touch_start(integer total_number){     integer num = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_SCRIPT);     integer x;     for (x = 0; x< num; x++)        {      string name = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_SCRIPT, x);      if (name != llGetScriptName())        {              llSetScriptState(name, TRUE);                    }                }            }}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.