Magic Box Vs Inventory Box For Second Life marketplace

Happy Toshi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dont know why when I hear inventory instead of magic box I get kringes down my spine. Just I dunno with all the glitches and lag sometimes sounds like a recepie for chaos. Like I have alot of things that are boarder line names of different things which could easily get confused . I dunno what do you all think. Im hoping they give you a choice to use it or not if so im staying away lol..

Actually, I think direct delivery will fix a lot of the issues from the Magic Boxes by going with delivery from Inventory (crosses her fingers) but before LL bought SLX, we rarely had delivery issues unless the user was offline.

Perhaps they need to go back to that system, it seemed to work more than the current one.

I have reservations about it also, but will wait to see what the procedure will be and what other security/assurance they offer.  One of the biggest issues I have with it, other than the one you mentioned,  is that my inventory frequently doesn't load fully  Weekends in particular are very bad for this as I frequently am missing 30 percent or more of  my inventory.  A number of other content creators that I know that have large inventories have this issue too.  Perhaps if the marketplace can draw from a special folder ONLY and inventory loading isn't an issue, then it will be ok.

If it works well, then it will solve a lot of delivery issues that result from the sim where your magic box is rezzed being down.

is that my inventory frequently doesn't load fully  Weekends in particular are very bad for this as I frequently am missing 30 percent or more of  my inventory.

That is just a locally cached view, it will have no relevance since products will not be delivered from your local cache but from the LL servers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.