Parcel no-push flag now seems to work

Profaitchikenz Haiku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have a parcel on the mainland where the flag has been set to implement no pushing. But, several of the scripted items in the sim had a line in them to push the avatar a small amount when exiting the lifts or the Tardis Police boxes. These scripts worked despite the parcel flag setting, (but since we didn't know any obliging griefers who could come and try to push us, I suppose we never actually tested that pushing was actually disabled by the flag).

However, this weekend, after finding that several things weren't working, we had to get the parcel owner to turn off the no-push setting, after which the items all started to work again. I looked through the release notes for the last version (Second Life Server 11.11.09.244706) to be rolled out to us, but couldn't see anything there about curing a bug or changing anything. Was this change a part of the new Havok engine? Or is this a "fix by accident"? The change definitely occurred within the last 10 days, as we have some machinema footage of one of us bouncing up and down in a simulated reversed-gravity field, which was the first item we found to be no longer working.

Ideally, we would like to be able to turn the parcel no-push back on, but there is no way that two of our items, one of them a bungee-jump effect, could work without being able to push the avatar, so unless there is a way to only allow scripts in objects set to land-group to be able to push, I can't see how we can have both the things we want.

Any ideas in here?

Sayrah:

The parcel has a group, but nothing is deeded to it, the group exists so that objects not set to group can be autoreturned. If the parcel group or the object group *did* get changed, a lot of things would have vanished, including the two things that suddenly stopped working.

However, testing today showed that the scripts now are working with the no-push flag setting re-instated. I am going to have to assume that toggling the parcel push flag off cured the problem, and that possibly we could have tuirned it off and then immediately back on again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.