Address Changes

Kaid Hawker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I just have a quick question.  Recently, I had to change the location of my main store.  It did not dawn on me until a few days ago, that I will need to change the SLURL for my store on the Marketplace, as well.  As I start into that task, I am finding myselft clicking on each individual product to edit the SLURL.  At this rate, it will be spring before I'm finished! Is there a faster way to do this?  Any suggestions? 

Thanks.

Kaid Hawker wrote:

Hello all,

I just have a quick question.  Recently, I had to change the location of my main store.  It did not dawn on me until a few days ago, that I will need to change the SLURL for my store on the Marketplace, as well.  As I start into that task, I am finding myselft clicking on each individual product to edit the SLURL.  At this rate, it will be spring before I'm finished! Is there a faster way to do this?  Any suggestions? 

Thanks.

Suggestion....

GET STARTED one product at a time.

Sadly it was requested by me and other even back in the XSTREET days that this limitationbe fixed.  The inworld Store SLURL should be modified at the store level not the product level.  It should be a global changable parameter.

BUT... this is one of countless unfixed SLM bugs and missing features that Brooke and her team continue to ignore while they work on their own pet projects of priorities that they set - not that Merchants tell them is important.

Welcome to SLM and the LL Commerce Team's focus on Customer Service - NOT

If you are going to change them for a generic one to the front of your store, go to manage inventory --> check the boxes on the left of each item --> modify selected items --> choose Edit from the drop down list --> click on Go button --> change only SLurl and click on Update button.

No, the SLURL should not be maintained only at the store level, because there is not neccessarily a one-to-one relationship between the marketplace and the in-world location the item is sold at.

Obvious example is different product lines selling in different locations in-world, but is mashed up in one here as one account can only have one SLM store. 

So this is NOT a bug. 

When you 'Visit a Store' there is a link to the 'In world Store' if the owner took the time to set it on the 'Edit Store Information'
That 'In world Store' is unique and has to be changed only once

'See Item in Second Life' (the item related shop SLURL) doesn't have to be the same as 'In world Store', but if it is you can omit it.

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

If you are going to change them for a generic one to the front of your store, go to manage inventory --> check the boxes on the left of each item --> modify selected items --> choose Edit from the drop down list --> click on Go button --> change only SLurl and click on Update button.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me and I was editing each one of my 508 items individually.  Then...I saw this post!  I just tried it, and Ry...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  This worked like a charm!  Took me all of 4 minutes to get them all done!  You're a life saver, Dude!  :)

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could just change the SURL for our landmarks too?  Which brings me to my point or should I say reminder.  If you have items with Landmarks in them, make sure you change them as well.

Yes, this needs to be done as well.  It is a painfully tedious process though. 

Step 1 - Delete the item in your magic box with the incorrect landmark inside it.

Step 2 - Rez the box containing the items

Step 3 - Right click and Edit the box

Step 4 - Delete the incorrect landmark in the Contents tab

Step 5 - Place the correct landmark inside the box

Step 6 - Take the box back into your inventory

Step 7 - Right click and Edit the Magic Box and go to the Contents tab

Step 8 - Drag the box with the new landmark into the Magic Box

Step 9 - Wait for the Magic Box to change color

Step 10 - Log into your Marketplace store

Step 11 - Go to Manage Inventory

Step 12 - Click the "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" button

Step 13 - Click refresh on your browser

Step 14 - Scroll down or search for the item you just put into the Magic Box

Step 15 - Click "Edit" on the right hand side

Step 16 - Click "Edit Associated Object"

Step 17 - Scroll down the list or search for the item in the Magic Box

Step 18 - Once you find it, click "Choose" next to the item

Step 19 - One item complete!

You see...it is extremely tedious!  Now supposedly if the box you put into the Magic Box is named exactly the same as the previous one, you don't have to re-associate it at the end, so you have to be sure not to change the name of the box in any way.  Or, if you are using a completely new box, make sure you name it EXACTLY as before. 

Now imagine doing this over 500 times!  This is what I am in the process of doing right now.  I've had to move as well. 

This is going to take me weeks to complete.  :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.