SL Viewer 2.6 or 3 or Phoenix crashes at preview screen when I try to upload a valid image.

Rodney Farlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For several weeks, every time I try to upload a 1024 or 512 24bit JPG file, then the viewer crashes on the preview sqreen when I click on "Upload"   I have tried viewer 2.6 , the latest 3.xx, and the older Phoenix viewers and all crash.  I have uploaded hundreds of texture images in the past without problem.  I have no idea what has happened !  Help please!

1 answer to this question

This looks like an old problem that was never resolved. See VWR-7786  Crash upon Texture Upload

The final entry in that JIRA report was a year ago: "Linden Lab is no longer making changes to the 1.23 codebase. Closing as unactionable because we don't see this problem in Viewer 2."  If you are seeing it now in a V2 codebase viewer, it would be a good idea to create a new JIRA report yourself, including all of your own observations and referencing VWR-7786.  All you have to do is log in to jira.secondlife.com and click the +Create Issue link in the extreme upper right corner of the main screen.  Follow the directions to produce your report.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.