local chat error

Simerion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Any suggestions on what to do about this chat error? (see text below). It accompanies every single entry in local chat. Makes it impossible to read.

>:D ~Yaaaaaaaay~ (Translation failed: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId) [15:38] Sonnic Acoustic: ✿.。.:*♅℮ℓℓ☻*.:。✿ (Translation failed: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId)

• 3 months later...

I am having the same error now for the past two days (listed below). I tried the link listed above and encounter an error tryng to open it aswell... Seems I cant catch a break. lol Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

(Translation failed: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId)

This error is driving me nuts.

It's not an error.  It's just telling you to turn your translator off in Preferences.  Since Google pulled the plug back in December, the built-in translators in SL will only work if you are using the current version of V3 or Firestorm and can provide an account number for Googles ($$$) translation service or Bing's (free!!) one.   Or you can look for a new translator in Marketplace or in-world.  Metanomics is getting good recommendations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.