I Can't Log in to my Main Avatar error message pops up saying can not connect to simulator

Abigail Mayr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey I am really hoping someone can help me I tried to log in to my main today but could not login in fail can not connect to simulates popped up each time also tried on a friends computer in a different viewer and it still did not work so I made an alt and I can log on with that one I have done everything I can think of from restoring my computer to unitstaling and reinstalling viewers and changing locations to log in....... everything

Also I read about It possibly being the group tag with symbol I made a group last night and I have symbols in the tags but I did not know that could effect anything cause I always see symbols in group tags like everywhere someone please her I can't lose my main :)

What can I do how do I fix this

4 answers to this question

Hello Abigail and welcome to SL Forums. Assuming that the problem is relative with invalid characters in your group's tag at first try to hide group titles in your log in screen under Preferences --> General tab and after try to log in again. Sometimes it helps. If it is doesn't work, log in with your alt, explain to your friends who you are and ask them to delete (leave) your group. When they all leave, your group in 48 hours will stop to exist, so you will fix your problem. I think they are no so many who have already joined in if you created the group yesterday. Good luck.

Oh, darn.  Yes, it sounds as if you have run into https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6608?  There's really no easy cure, I'm afraid.  As long as you are wearing that tag, you won't be able to log in, and you can't remove the tag without logging in first.  Try this .... 

Log in with your alt and find the owner of the group.  Explain the problem and explain that other group members will also have the same problem if he doesn't change the tag.  Then, ask him to eject your main av from the group.  When you log in, you can rejoin the group, but you won't have the nasty tag.

If you are the group's owner, then pray that you were wise enough to make your alt a co-owner AND that she was wise enough to not wear the tag.  Unfortunately, she will not be able to eject you from the group (NOBODY can eject a group owner), but she can shut down the entire group by ejecting everyone else, changing the group to "join by invitation only," and then leaving the group herself.  If you are the sole remaining member, LL will erase the group within 48 hours for insuficient enrollment.  You will not be able to use that group name again.

ETA:  If even that oesn't work, your only hope is to either file a support ticket or (better) talk with Live Chat about getting you loose.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.