Phoenix isn't opening at all? Have tried re-download and re-start. Can't even get to log-in.

Satann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! First question here, yay, etc.

So last night I was playing wqith my Phoenix Viewer graphics (antialiasing) and I think I broke something. When I went to re-start my viewer it would run the little "clear cache, texture cahe, loading viewer" box in the center of my screen; but it won't actually open the window. I have tried re-downloading the viewer and re-starting my computer. I can't clear cache because I can't even get to the log-in screen!

Please don't let me be stuck with Firestorm forever. q.q

2 answers to this question

It's not clear to me why you want to clear cache.  That shouldn't be necessary unless one or more of your cached files (inventory, appearance, preferences...) has gotten out of sync with SL's servers.  Othrrwise, clearing cache has little effect, excpt that it slows down rezzing the next time you log in because your computer is having to reload all the files you wiped out.

If you really want to clear your cache, though, you don't have to be in SL to do it. Clear your cache manually.  See >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=cache_clear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.