Email Notices from Second Life

Kikkles Capelo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not sure under which category this belongs; however, it's not receiving a response under "Account" so I'm trying here.

Earlier today, I was approached by an avatar named "*****" and whilst I was pleasant, I in no uncertain terms indicated I was not interested and I logged off SL. 

Within minutes I received an email from Second Life that read, "***** is now following you."

This was extremely disconcerting, because, for one thing, I have no idea what it means. It's never happened to me before. And another thing...does it mean that this person has my email address?

I confronted him in PM, but he claims he hasn't a clue as to why I was notified.

Can someone under this category help me, please

2 answers to this question

People can now follow other people, like on Twitter, via the social networking area of the SL website. Please see https://my.secondlife.com/   It is quite easy, when you look up a person's profile from this web page, to click on "follow", which it sounds like may have happened in this case.

Please note: you don't have to be part of this aspect of Second Life.  Just click on the "settings" option to set it up to your own preferences.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.