new

virtz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, Welcome to Second Life.

Finding residents to make friends in Second Life is easy. You can just teleport to the next busy location you can find in your Search window and you can start sending mass request for friendship to anyone there.

Now the hard fact: It is not going to be as easy as you think it is. This is not Facebook where you can Friend Request strangers just so you can reach 1000 friends in 3 days. In Second Life, you need to know HOW to make a friend. It is a lot like real life. You don't just go to a person and say Hi and tag him/her on the forehead as friend. Do it with tactics and be polite to them first. A simple Hi may not get you any friends so here are my tips:

1. Introduce yourself in IM or Local Chat and that you are very new to Second Life
2. Ask for a help.. any help. Like, how to change your avatar, where to get freebies and other stuff
3. Compliments the resident's avatars and how well made they are and how you would like to be like one too. It will always get you more than expected.
4. Be appreciative, at least act like one no matter how much of an arse the person was.
5. Ask if you could add him/her as a friend since you feel so lost and needed a direction. In my opinion the opposite gender will always be more willing to help you. So if you are a boy/man... go get yourself a female avatar friend.
6. Friend a fellow newbie like yourself. Chances are they are as lost as you and could use a friend to help each other out. If you see another avatar that looks like you or any of the starter avatars in your viewer, those are newbies.

7. Last but not least, grow a thick skin. You'll need it to survive the first week in SL.

I wish you the best.

virtz wrote:

hey ppl plz help me to go abt dis life...... wer do i find frens?

Hi Virtz!  Welcome to Second Life, and to the Second Life Forums!  Feel free to look me up in world, or friend me!  I can show you around a bit, and I have a good ear for chatting, and listening!  Far out!

Peace!

Hi Virtz

And welcome to Secondlife, i am very new myself as I am only a bit more then 2 sweeks:) but I have already made some very nice freinds and people have been very frindly. as they will be to you als, os please feeel free IM me add me as frind next time you are onlilne.

Also Take Hippie up on his offer for his friends ship, he is great guy and help me seomand we have become good frinds, and I enjy very much and he can tell you alot, rember this all a big learning curve where you will keep learnig::))

Take care for now, I lookforward to see you online

Whitelione

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome aboard, virtz!

You should explore!  Visit the Destination Guide via the viewer's magnifying glass tab or by going here: http://search.secondlife.com/

You can meet a lot of new friends easily by visited populated locations, and simply have fun!  :)

To find out more about making friends in Second Life, go here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Friends_in_Second_Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.