does V2 have key word alerts?

Cella Core

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Does Viewer 2 have key word alerts and if it does where is it at?

I know about pheonix and firestorm thanks though, it is a question for a co worker he uses V2 i use pheonix and Firestorm i love the key word alerts they have caught my attention more than once. since I do not use V2 I thought i would ask here

thanks again :)

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you mean by key word alerts.  If you are talking about software monitoring of words (such as forbidden words being deleted or filled with astriks instead of letters) I don't think so.  I've seen some pretty rough words in both open chat and IM.  It's generally wise to be careful of what you type (or say) when on the Internet.........you never know when those words will come back and bite you on the butt.

To add any comments to this post use the "Options" in the upper right hand corner of your initial post and "Edit".  This software doesn't make it easy to respond in your own thread.  Permalink works too but it's even a little less handy.

No, it doesn't.  As far as I'm aware, the only viewer that does have them is Phoenix, although I'm told that they may be in the upcoming release of Firestorm also.  Here's the description of the option in Phoenix (Found in Preferences >> Phoenix >> Chat):

• EDIT KEY WORD ALERTS (BUTTON): Displays additional options dialog box that allows you to choose keywords that trigger a sound and/or highlight text when the words appear in group chat, IM's or open chat.
    • IF ANY OF THE PHRASES (SEPERATED BY COMMAS) LISTED HERE: Specifies the list of words that will trigger an alert. They can be individual words or phrases and are separated by commas.
    • INSTANT MESSAGE FLOATER: When checked, the alert system monitors the IM and Group Chat areas for presence of these keywords. Note: Group Chats are prevented from appearing, “When “Receive Group Notices” Is Disabled, Disable Group Chat As Well” or “Disable All Group Chats” is enabled (see above), then no alerts are triggered.
    • LOCAL CHAT FLOATER: When checked, the alert system monitors Local Chat for the presence of these keywords.
    • HIGHLIGHT THE MESSAGE IN THIS COLOR (CHECK BOX and COLOR SELECTOR): When checked, any messages that are to be alerted, will have their color changed to what is specified in the color selector.
    • PLAY THIS SOUND ALERT (CHECK BOX and UUID): Plays the sound identified by the identified UUID. To get the UUID, find a sound in the avatar's inventory that has full rights, then right-click the sound and select “Copy Asset UUID” from the menu. Then paste the value into the text box.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.