Voice Chat not working.

KirkB1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

have win 7 and firestorm. spent 2 hours with various mentors trying settings. my headset works with Skype fine, but not with either V2 or firestorm. my research suggest problems with ports but I am not savy enough to check/open them. 

2 answers to this question

• Is the SLVoice.exe that is in the Firestorm folder in the exceptions/allowed list for your firewall? If your firewall is turned off, turn it on and add the SLVoice.exe anyway.
  • Check the bandwidth you are actually getting and what you have set in Preferences → Network & Cache. Please refer to this page for specifics.
  • Go to Advanced → Debug Settings, and in the window that opens, type: Cmdlinedisablevoice - then ensure this is set to FALSE.

By default, the SecondLife viewer uses IP address 127.0.0.1 (localhost), port 44124 to communicate with SLVoice, the voice client gateway.

It is possible to connect to a client gateway running on another host. This is useful for testing. According to comments in the source code: to do this, launch the gateway on a nearby host,

SLVoice.exe -p tcp -i 0.0.0.0:44124

and modify the Settings for VoiceHost and VoicePort to set the host IP address.

The following ports are used for external communication.

• Port 21002 - TCP - for voice control signals
  • Ports 12000-13000 - UDP - for voice media
  • Port 80/443 - TCP - for Web server
  • Ports 5060 or 5062 - UDP - for voice control signals

If the SIP connection on the default port 5062 fails (as it might if the router is designed to provide VoIP services of its own) the viewer will automatically retry and fall back on port 5060. This means that port 5060 may need to be opened on some restrictive firewalls in rare instances.

See more technical details about ViVox voice in SL at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Voice/Technical

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.