What's the easiest way to get usage rights to a chunk o'music?

Matisse Vendetta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lots of folks use Creative Commons music (a variety of rules there so check). Do a search and you will find some spots including Jamendo and Vimeo has just opened up a music store. You can also purchase the right which are fairly cheap usually if you are not putting the video on TV or major commercial channels. There are likely still places that sell their music on CDs for reuse. I have an OLD CD that I bought long ago that comes in handy. Most important thing is to read the usage for music tracks. I have seen people use things that specifically say you should NOT. Lots of free music is ONLY for listening at home with no other uses. Best to be careful and support the intent of the creators.

There are a lots of creative commons share alike licenses that allows you to publish and use their content. One of my favorites it's for sure Jamendo.com (most of my works I use Jamendo as known). Musics like you are using on this video, there is no way to use "legally" and in moral than buy the rights (and it's not cheap stuff). Sometimes I see people abusing on this using youtube, and still a risk continue on that, youtube mostly block most of the content (by automatic robots), flagged, target, some embed their ads to account suspended, etc. I really don't like to see the companies taking the monopoly on the music industry, but it's the DMCA and common sense copyright protected content.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.