Question for Musicians.....

Irece

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an acoustic guitar that actually plays notes that you can write music with and was wondering as a musician in SL would anyone be interested in buying an acoustic guitar? For those impromptu jam sessions or to impress friends? Im looking for my target audience and thought I start here.............any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I would buy other instruments (a guitar doesn't really fit any of my characters) that play music, but I wouldn't want to write my own. It's not my talent. I think it would be cool, though, if an instrument had two options - one to write your own songs, and one to play from a small selection of premade songs.

I will look into creating other instruments :) I know that alot of artist on here want to have a guitar for prerecorded or premade songs but I thought this would be unique for those who want to create music in SL or just want to impress friends. Working on a demo as we speak.....you can see the guitar on SL Marketplace under Infernal Acoustic :)

Thank you for your input!

Your instruments sound like an interesting idea. However you need to be aware that lag can cause severe timing synchronisation problems when you have groups of musicians playing loop-based in-world instruments. This can be circumvented by using a master clock that all the instruments synchronise to. As far as instruments that are actually played note-for-note in-world... good luck. I've looked into it and made the decision to do my playing in RL, stream it into SL and give my avatar an 'instrument' that's little more than a stage prop.

All the best with your musical instrument venture. Who knows, you might succeed where others were overwhelmed by lag.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.