I'm only 10 days old but have been on every day. Today when I log in all I am is a mist Why?

bluedragon6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

I don't know exactly why that happpens but I do know what usually causes it.  A corrupted cache or your connection to the Internet is flaky.  For the corrupted cache, clear it.  If you are using the SL viewer 2.8 or 3.1 look in preferences > advanced > clear cache (the other Viewer 2 based viewers it's preferences > setup > reset.  For the TPV's I can't tell you............the place to clear cache varies.  If that does not work (which is about 50 - 50 it will) then the next thing to do is to reboot your router and modem.  Unplugged them from their electrical source and wait for 3 to 5 minutes the plug them back in.  Reboot your computer and try SL again.

And, I hope you are not using wireless for you Internet connection......that method has many issues with staying (or even connectiing) to the SL servers.  Get a Cat 5e cable and hardwire your connection.

There are many reasons for that very common problem. What works for one person won't necessarily work for the next person, and it may not be the same thing that works for you tomorrow. See the full list of possibilitites here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail . Start with the simple things at the top of the list and work down until you find what works for you today.

control alt r to rebake yourelf first a few times

if that fails then clear all 5 of your caches...control alt P (there are 4 there) plus 1 more in the computer there itself....and clear all your browser's caches....

some times its best to relog back into Sl before clearing your caches....and (do not) change your avi's appearance before logging out

if that doesnt work then clear your cache..

again if that doesnt work restart your computer...

if you have any more problems contact me inworld when I am on line

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.