My only gripe with SL merchants

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off let me say that all the SL merchants I have dealt with so far are wonderfully helpful people and a credit to our community, but I do have one pet peeve that makes me see red everytime it happens.....

nobody ever has enough free prims, but I always keep about 4 prims free in my home just for rezzing bought items to unpack them. Why oh why not just place your merchandise in a one prim box? I understand the cute sentimentally in delivering your items in a pretty shopping bag, or a box with a bow on it, but really, 32 prims? is that necessary? the cute gesture has now become an annoyance, I take my couch back into inventory, try to rezz my item,.. sitll not enough, take my bed into inventory, try to rezz item.. still not enough free prims... etc. etc. untill I decide stuff it, and have to resort to searching for a public sandbox to rezz one item containing shoes that are made of less prims than the package it came in. 

Please please pretty please SL merchants, save the pretty packaging for when items are purchased as a gift, and stick to a one prim box when items are purchased for one self.

Anyway... thats my xmas wish :)

Hi Luschious, before derezzing half your household why not just use a sandbox? Many shops alos have rezz spots so you can unpack your new stuff directly on location. Or make use of the NE-corners in Blake Sea sims, which are all rezzable, or other public rezz areas, or or or. There are many rezz spots on the grid. particularly in private estates and RP areas where people need to be able to quickly rezz weapons and other stuff. But please be so kind to tidy up the boxes before you leave.

Bear in mind that shopping from the Marketplace will change to Direct Delivery and that process will include the ability for merchants to provide folders with unboxed content.  However, there's no requirement for merchants to use this process and I expect most will continue to sell existing content as the boxed item while providing new items as unboxed.

We shall see...

My pet peeve with merchants is selling stuff in world in boxes while providing no area where I can rez and unpack the box.  I often want to try on something I just bought before buying anything else, and it's inconvenient to have to tp home to do that.  Why do they have to restrict building in stores, anyhow?  Couldn't they set autoreturn at 10 minutes and accomplish what they need?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.