is it possible for me to make something and sell it for linden? If so can some one tell me how?

InariKagamiYamamoto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to figure out how to make linden and I had an idea I have some jewelry that I can take pictures of. I was wondering if maybe due to this I can do things like turn my RL jewelry into second life stuff and sell it for some money? If I can do that than maybe I can do some other stuff too! I like to have help with this if any one has any info please let me know 

thank you so much

yours truly

InariKagamiYamamoto

2 answers to this question

Start here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Content_Creation

After reading the entire wiki article, decide on what skills you possess in real life that you can use in SL to create what you have an interest in.  Or, if you don't think you have any real skills that would work for anything in SL, think about what you would like to learn to get that skill.  If monetary gain is your goal and you don't have a necessary skill then it's going to be real hard for you.  If you have the desire gaining the skill will come relatively easily but it may not come quickly....believe me it's not hard if you have the desire.  For most content creation you will need some software outside SL........for textures image editing software such as Photoshop, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, etc.  For mesh you need some more advanced 3D modeling software.........Poser, Maya, DAZ 3D, Blender, etc.  For scripting you don't need outside software but you need some basic programming experience.  Animation you can start with pretty simple programs like Qavimator which is free but for the more advanced you'll probably want to look into some of the more sophisticated animation programs (some 3D modeling programs have animation capabilities).  For shape making that can be done entirely within SL.........but you need a pretty good eye for porportions (that can be learned but it takes practice......most shape makers are just gifted that way).  You can actually do almost anything you want but you have to be patient.  If you have the skills already, you'll soon find out that SL has many quirks that you'll have to use your skills to over come.  If you don't have the skills then you'll have to take the time to learn them.

And probably the most important is to visit places like NCI (search in world).  Look around SL and see how others have businesses to sell their goods.  Note how they set up shop, and how they display or show what they have to sell.  Then start thinking about how you might set up your own place.  Don't be in a rush...........find a place that meshes well with what your product is (don't try to sell your building textures next door to a place that sell eyes or hair).

From someone who loves to make things (textures, mostly) but as yet to sell a darned thing.  I have given it though (serious thought even) but decided against it.  I've attempted to turn a hobby into a business in real life.......it ruined the hobby for me once it became a job.  I don't want that out of my SL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.