A bit confused..

Sofiee Aiten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new to this whole land thing so bear with me.

I'm looking to buy a nice house or something in world and I'm kind of confused. I would like something like this:

http://juicybomb.com/2011/06/10/elefantu-little-white-treehouse/

Do I buy the land and then buy a skybox in marketplace or are there houses already made? Where can I find good land at? 

I'm new to this and I don't know how this sort of this works..

Also, what are prims?

To start, prims are the base building block you create with.  An object can be one prim or multiple prims linked but each prim counts toward you land usage.  Think of prims as sort of data and the more data you have the more storage you need.  Your land is the storage.

You can either find a home you like and buy some land to accommodate it or you can buy some land and find a house that will fit.

The Land Forums are a good start to find land then just like in RL, travel around until you find a neighborhood you like.

I have a great starter home in my store I sell for 111L. You can use it as a skybox or a land home as I designed it for both.

You do not need a premium account to buy land on a private parcel but to buy land from the Lindens, you need a premium membership.

A special note on prims: The amount you WEAR does not count. Wearing a lot of prims attached to your avatar (hair, skirts, shoes, pant cuffs, shirt cuffs, shirt collars, jewelry, the list goes on) can add to lag, but does not count against how many prims you can have on the land. Only the amount of prims REZZED on the land count. To rez an item, simply drag it onto the ground (you must have rez rights, so look at the top of your screen. If you see a box with a line through, you can't rez objects there.)

You need your own land to rez something permanently, like a home. You can either rent from a private sim owner, or get mainland from LL. If you rent, you won't need a premium membership. If you get it from LL, you need to have a premium account.

You don't necessarily need a skybox. A skybox is something you rez up in the sky. They're usually used for privacy; people are more likely to look inside and see you if you have a ground level home than they are if you live a few thousand feet in the air. You can find houses that aren't skyboxes. They're called prefabs, or prefabricated (meaning, of course, that they're already built). Some are furnished, some are not. The treehouse you like is a pretty good deal, you just need to find land with at least 139 prims to rent or buy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.