Subdirectories on same level as INventory and Library.

Daveed Blachere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought some demo skins that came under my inventory folder.  When I relogged the next day, those subdirectories, about 10 0f them, are all on the same level as Inventory and Library. I cannot delete, cut or move those subdirectories.  Any suggestions?

I have tried to clear my inventory cache and restart SL.  I've used both Phoenix and Firestorm.

2 answers to this question

Hello Daveed. Give one more try to clear manually your cache and see if that helps. Delete all contests at the following folders and restart your computer.

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Firestorm

If you want to keep your private conversations (im's) you can copy the following folder in another position in your hard disk:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ daveed_blachere

After, i repeat restart your computer, relog in a quiet sim without lag like Smith, Lime or Pooley. Open your inventory, type 2-3 characters there and wait fetching all your items till the last one.

Good luck.

This is a bug in the server code.  See https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7169? .  Though this issue itself has just been fixed (As of Sept 14), Stone Linden has asked here for comments from anybody who has folders or objects permanantly stuck outside of inventory to report their cases on VWR-25276.  LL normally only offers the inventory repair service to premium members, so if you have this issue, now is a good time to leave Stone a comment & maybe get a free fix ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.