Can't see names anymore?

Ariel Vuissent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The other night, I turned off my ability to see names. I've turned it back on, but still can't see all names. I also can't see the names of people I'm IM'ing - an empty box shows, instead of having their name in it. It's kind of irritating. I've already relogged a couple times today, with no noticable difference. Do I need to try clearing cache? What might have caused this, and what's a good way to fix it?

I use Firestorm viewer, though I don't think that's pertinent to this issue.

ETA: I also have no names showing in my friends list, and none of my groups are showing up properly.

I tried V3 just now. It's not a viewer issue, since it happens in V3 as well. I can't see my friends list, groups, region name, or the names of people who IM me. I also can't tp successfully; I just crash.

ETA: Aaannnd, it randomly fixed itself. So never mind, I guess...No idea what happened there. I logged into V3, crashed trying to tp home, relogged into Firestorm using "log in to home," and everything works now. SL just had the wonkies, I guess...Thanks for the help, anyway!

Yes, I know ^_^ I join the group when I need help, usually, but I have way too many groups, so I usually end up leaving after a while.

A lot of times, even though they have the same base, V3 and Firestorm haev their own separate glitches. I don't know what the issue actually was, but I think it was server related.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.