My Woodland Badge

Dazler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just finished reading some excellent notes on creating a badge here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/How-to-create-a-cool-forum-avatar-badge/td-p/707025

I thought I would give it a go and, after a few efforts, I am happy with the result.

I wanted a woodland theme to fit into the theme of my elfish avatar but my first efforts at creating a badge were poor. My pictures included a variety of colours that were either too dark to show my name clearly or too light to show my statistics. I think my "final" effort has readdressed the balance. (I say "final" because it is my guess that I shall only end up changing it in a few days time!)

Dazler wrote:

I wanted a woodland theme to fit into the theme of my elfish avatar but my first efforts at creating a badge were poor.

The pointed ears are quite stylish. Woodland elves are generally small. It's the result of thousands of years of natural selection. Tall elves were unable to fit into small holes in the forest to escape from predators and thus were largely eliminated from the population. How tall are you? You don't really look like a woodlander.

Very nice badge, Dazler.  The theme is perfect for your elfish avatar and I personally like that you can see your name over the top of it.  So many are impossible to read a name on without highlighting it.  Nice job.   I also used that same thread when I first started using this new forum software.  It would have taken forever to figure it out without that tutorial.

Cinn

• 2 weeks later...

Randall: As much as I would love to answer your question, I am afraid that another trait of woodland elves is that they are unable to perform any form of mathematical function, including measuring. As you will rightly know, this was another trait that was passed from generation to generation as a result of thousands of years of evolution. Had it not been for the elvish inability to conduct even the simplest of the four rules rules of mathematics, we would have never been able to complete the monotony of trillions of mundane tasks, such as the recolouring of summer leaves to their orange hue each autumn. To us, every orange dying of the autum's leaves is the same as the first. Boring - yes, but it does get the job done!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.