SL login page opened with gaphic advertisementof local telephone company Help!

Venus Rosen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Greetings,

on October 15, 2011 around 11: 09 PM SL login page opened with graphic advertisement of local telephone company. I immediately quit.  When I clicked again SL icon to reopen SL login page, I recived an alert from SL saying that SL does not support these graphics. It appears as if the phone company advertisement enters SL opening page. This  had never hapened before....I am running Norton 360. But when I interact with SL I disable the interactive mode of Norton 360 because it seem to slow SL.....So when I saw that telecom advertisement I also started full system scan of Norton 360. As a result only 4 cookies were diagnosed and solved.

Earlier the same day I ran skype screen sharing showing a site of SL to family..I had done that before while building to recieve impressions from them. I am wonderfing  what might have caused any such local advertisement interfrence. However I had never seen any local advertisement on SL openign page before, although I had shared screen before.

ıs local advertisement interference into Sl openign page is some new phenomenon SL is aware of? I look forward for your suggestions, and help.

Thanks

Venus Rosen

2 answers to this question

That does not sound good.  It sounds as if something has corrupted one of your viewer's files.  If it happened to me, I would first do a full system scan with an anitvirus program (as you have) and would then probably do a clean re-installation of my SL viewer.  See this wiki site >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clear_Cache or this one >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_clean_reinstall to see how to remove not only the folder that contains your viewer's exe file, but also the folders that hold your user settings.  Then download a fresh copy of your preferred viewer and install it.  You will not lose any of your account information or inventoy, all of which is always stored on LL's servers and will be copied again to your new installation.

• Like 1

Did you have other windows open at the same time as you were trying to open Second Life viewer?  You may be overloading your graphics card, and you have got two images squished together simultaneously as if in one window.

Check your graphics driver is up to date, and also ensure the inside of your computer is clean/dust free.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.