Minimum size of a prim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even if I am not a builder I sometimes like to make stuff myself, and so I tried to make a piercing.

To see what I am actually doing I started qith rather big prims, put them together how I want them and wanted to shrink it then to a size which is appropriate for a piercing.
My problem now is that I can't make it as small as it should be, there is a limit to how small I can make it.
Since I got a few piercings I bought I know it can be made smaller, but I have no idea how to do it.

Is it even possible in world?
Do I need to make it with an external editor?
Is there any script that helps me making it small enough?

Thanks for any idea.

Jewelry makers and others who make small things in SL have found a number of ways to use slice, dimple, path cut, hollow and other prim adjustments to make things that end up far smaller than the 0.010 M limit for normal prim dimensions. But you have to build using those altered parts - you can't build it at a larger size using normal methods and shrink it down.

Here's some articles on how to make tiny prims:

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/8/da/27520/1.html
http://www.mermaiddiaries.com/2007/05/day-223-creating-jewelry-part-3.html 

• Like 1

Here's an example of making an incredibly small ring (not primtorturing):
Rez a torus (keep intial measures first)

Set...
Hole Size Y: 0.49
Hollow: 95.0
Profile Cut B: 0.24 E: 0.26
Squash the whole shebang to desired dimensions.. setting it to x=y=z=0.01 will make it so small you won't fidn it...

Same applies for thin small "sticks", start with a  Tube; hollow it to max, and use profile cut analogous to the above.

An entertaining page is this, if you want to cultivate the art of prim torture:
 http://ayumicassini.blogspot.com/2009/07/ultimate-guide-to-prim-twisting.html

Good Luck, and may you find all them lost nanoprims :) 

There is a quick trick using a Torus you may want to play with.  Make the torus hollow and texture the inside (hollow part) while making the outside clear.  This way you only see the small hollow area inside making it look much smaller than what a prim can be.  This works great for piercings and can also be used on any shape you can make hollow such as sphere or a box.

Just remember, inside textured, outside transparent (100%).

The minimum size of a phantom sculpted prim is effectively zero, although the next size up from that would seem to be about 1/256th of the shown dimensions of the prim (0.01 meters divided by 256?)

At such a size, though, the shape is limited either to a cube, prism, or a square or triangular plane.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.