What am I doing wrong still

ChristineAngelHart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been working on my voice again,however I don't feel I've gotten too much further.I guess I made contact with someone else,but I couldn't hear his voice,he typed even though he had voice. He claimed he could more or less hear my voice,because he did get it right,that I;m female and of course my voice suppose to be that. What I liked to know is,shouldn't I've heard his voice,you'd think.                       ChristineAngelHart

3 answers to this question

Try visiting a Region provided by Linden Labs called Voice Echo Canyon, it is a Region dedicated for testing voice. You can find the Region by using the World Map in SL.

At Voice Echo Canyon, only you will be able to hear you. The Region is virtually empty :smileytongue: so you shouldn't experience any performance reductions or have to question if Voice is active and working properly in the Region.

I would try talking with someone else. It's possible that this person didn't want you to hear "his" voice, and so claimed that he was talking while in fact he was not. He wanted verification that you're female, but it's possible that he isn't actually male.

You can try going to Voice Echo Canyon, as someone else suggested, to see if you can hear your own voice. Then try talking to a few other people and see if they can hear your voice. If so, this person was probably not someone very trustworthy, or had a problem on his end. If not, you have a connection issue of some kind.

If you cannot hear your own voice, you may have to play around with settings, both in SL and on your computer. I had a difficult time setting up voice with a headset rather than my built-in mic, and it took me some time to get it set up for the headset. Not sure what device you're using.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.