I got a 500L gift card from the game how do I use it?

LiaRosa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got a gift card from a group in the game and it has 500L on it when I click on it it says I have 500L left how do I use it?

When I buy things from the online store a gift card option does not show up

Thanks to the people that answered I found out it's very simple to use after all :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

3 answers to this question

Hello LiaRosa. You wear the card, usually you see an indication in your monitor about, you go at the store and you purchase something. You will not be charged  if your purchase is up to 500 lindens. If it is more expensive you will pay the rest by your linden balance. If it is cheaper, you keep the rest lindens into the card for a purchase in the future.

• Like 1

Just an extra comment on using cards. You of course need to know where the card came from and hopefully it came with some info that tells you that. Looking at the properties on the card will most likely only tell you who made the card, not were it is good for.

If you do get to the store, and I hope you do, be VERY CAREFUL using the card. Often there will be an option to read the notecard on how to use. Or there will be some info in chat giving instructions. If you do not pay close enough attention you could easily end up paying for something out of your Linden account rather than having the card give you the item. If you have less than the amount of the item in your linden account then you will most likely get a message saying that you don't have enough money to pay. So that may not be an issue depending on how rich you are :D.

Even oldtimers can get confused on using the cards -- and that there is a variety with each working differently doesn't help. Also, not ALL items in the store may be buyable using the card. Only ones in VENDORS that take cards will let you pay that way.

Hope this helped.

• Like 1

you can't use inworld gift cards on the marketplace the gift card you were give is only valid at the store of the group you got it from or the store specified on the gift card and then the card will only work with vendors that have an option to pay by gift card the gift cards work the same as RL you can buy things up to the value of the card and any balance not spent can be used against future purchases or you can use the value of the card to part pay for something worth more than the card and the remainder of the money comes from your L$ balance.
once you wear the card you may notice it has a count down timer not all cards are time limited but if it is it means you must redeem the card before it expires or it won't work

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.