I need to know if there is a way to change my name due to issues

ToxicLoveDollLilith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

That IS a long name, but you're stuck with it.  You cannot change your username.  It's like your RL Social Security Number .... yours for life.   You can adopt a Display Name, though.  It's like a nickname -- unofficial when it comes to important things like logging in and spending L$, which require your username, but handy when you want a short handle that your friends can remember and pronounce.  Here's how to make one >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Display-names/ta-p/700173

ETA:   BTW, scripts may be problematic.  Ones that need to identify you for money reasons are fine.  They look for your UUID, not your name.  Most well-written new scripts will also recognize a Display Name.  Many, however, count on the fact that your username doesn't change, so that's the name they look for.  If they spit up because your name is too long, I'd say they aren't very well-written.  That's small consolation for you, though, if they refuse to work for you.  For whatever it's worth, you have my sympathy.

I might be wrong..but...

I don't think the script can't handle your name. A list in a script can hold many names and/or UUIDs.

The first thing that comes to my mind, since you have a long name,is: have you checked with your friend (the one who added you to the security) that he/she transmitted your name correctly to the script? Usually scripts want exact informations, a matter of a capital/small letter can bring the script to not recognize you. There are also scripts well compiled, able to recognize avatars even if they result in their list with a capital, instead or small and vice versa , letter.

Although seeying your name I can't notice that you have more then one capital letter, not just Name Surname.

Try to check if they typed the name correctly first, would be even better to select your name with the mouse and do a CTRL+C -> CTRL+V in open chat.

To answer your question.

You can't change your name, and especially for that matter (that might sound pointless to LL), I don't think they would change it for you.

Best Regards,

Oromis.

I think the OP's concern is not for scripts that she can control, but ones that she might run across while wandering around in SL. It really depends on how each script was written. Suppose that it used the name as a Dialog button, for example, where the label must be less than 12 characters long. The OP's name would kick up a run time error, forcing the owner to restart it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.