hi! ı have a problem.

minikk Melody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ı have a new pc and it has amd radeon 6630 m graphic card. whan ı run SL, an error " Second life unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date , or are for unsupported hardware. please make sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do have the latest, try reinstalling them." came screen. ı tried to upgrade my driver but i failed. please help me. i am not good at English! sory for this ...

5 answers to this question

Hello minikk. If you asked me before get your new pc my opinion for 6630m for SL, i would have never recommended you that. You are not the only one who complains here for this card. Some users can't log in too and some others have very bad performance. I don't know from where you got the last drivers but try to download them from the official site of AMD: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx If it doesn't work with 11.8 catalyst driver - they have often problems- get the 11.7 drivers and see if that helps. Good luck.

If you go to this web site (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx), you will be able to find the correct drivers for your computer.  The site also includes good instructions for updating drivers.  You should be aware, however, that SL has always had difficulty with ATI graphics cards, so updating the drivers may not solve your problem.  If it doesn't, come back and let us know.

thank you very much. i went to your supported web site before but i didnt figure out this problem.i watch videos about how can i upgrade my garphic card driver. ı did evrything step by step. upgrade doasnt solve my problem.. if you have any other idea please share with me ... tahnk you so much.

thank you very much. i went to your supported web site before but i didnt figure out this problem.i watch videos about how can i upgrade my garphic card driver. ı did evrything step by step. upgrade doasnt solve my problem.. if you have any other idea please share with me ... tahnk you so much.

minikk Melody wrote:

I was afraid that might happen.  Your card may not be able to run with the current version of LL's viewer.  As I told you earlier, SL often has problems with ATI grahics cards.   You should probably try installing either a previous version of LL's viewer or one of the excellent Third Party Viewers.   You can get earlier LL viewers at https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Release_Notes . Click on any one of the links to a previous viewer and then download the viewer from that page.  If you want to try a Third Party Viewer, go to https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory and select a link to the home page for a viewer of your choice.   Especially if you decide to use a previous LL viewer, I recommend two important steps:

(a) Remove all traces of the currently installed viewer from your computer. Do not install a new viewer on top of the old one.

(b) When you install the new viewer, go to Preferences (CTRL + P) and disable the authorization to download new upgrades automatically.  If you do not do that, LL will automatically replace your viewer with the current one again.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.