Stalked by music from previous parcels

ellerc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has been happening for at least a week and only on occassions but when I visit a club, my home or a parcel that's streaming music and then tp to a new location, the music from the my previous location continues to stream even though I received and allowed the media (music) to play from my current location. Usually the only way to "fix" it is to tp someplace new and then attempt to tp back again.

Any suggestions on how to stop being stalked by the music or why its happening in the first place?!

Elle  

Consider yourself lucky.  I love the music on my sim but when I leave, I often just turn it off from some of the garbage streaming.

The music you hear in SL is actually streaming through a QuickTime plug in.  You may want to see if it's needs an upgrade or just remove it and reinstall it.  More than likely, it's a QuickTime issue.

Chelsea I'm ith you; most of the music is garbage - especially some of these clubs I've been to lately lol. But if I'm at a club its nice to know what's actually playing. For instance I tp'd to a Michael Jackson tribute but all i was hearing was emo music! It took me a few minutes to realize that I didn't miss the show but was hearing the music from my previous location!! lol

Firestorm should be working well and I have seen no issues (other than the bad music on some sims which you agree lol)  The audio/video player is a plug in and your viewer drops in the URL to that media player from the region/land stream.

One of the two could be your issue but I find, more often than not, it's your QuickTime player.  I recall having a similar issue that did resolve the right stream url, just not as soon as I teleported in.

You may want to check if you need to update your QuickTime first and also try another viewer if you want to check to see if its the viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.