How to remove clothes that are stuck on?

BlazeConstantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My friend's avatar has been stuck for months now. She can't get her clothes off and put new ones on, and the alphas from her faun legs are making her entire body invisible to me. She's rebaked, character tested, cleared cache, cleared cache then did avatar test, and still nothing works. She doesn't know what else to do to fix this mess. Any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

Hello. Let's be sure that you made all right. Give one more try to clear your cache manually. Delete all contests at the following folders while you have SL closed:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

If you use other viewer do it for all the viewers, for example:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

After that restart your computer and log in back in a protected land like Smith for example. Stay there under the water, open the 2nd tab of your inventory called "Recent" and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. During this process (downloading), avoid to do something else like teleporting, chatting, moving etc. When fetching finishes, make an avatar test. I believe this way you will see again normal your avatar. If not, log in with Phoenix.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.