CLothing Issue

Fern Eyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, I have got a problem where I tried to wear some clothing and got this message saying that it couldn't be found in the database so it replaced it with the basic white ankle length pants that linden lab made. So now i have these pants that are stuck on my avatar and I cannot get them off, if i wear other pants they just go on over the top of thsee ones leaving me with white bits around the edges. I tried to contact LL about it, but they said unless i pay them they won't help me. so does anyone else know how to fix this? Thanks. 

they weren't stolen property, if they were you get a message saying "there has been a report that your clothing was stolen blahj blah, here are some crappy pants to replace the ones we took"

but this was saying that the database couldn't find the texture, (usually happens if the creator cancels their account after a while linden lab removes the info from the database.

I have tried going to appearence and there is a little lock symbol on the pants in question, so I can't remove them

Fern Eyre wrote:

Hi everyone, I have got a problem where I tried to wear some clothing and got this message saying that it couldn't be found in the database
so it replaced it with the basic white ankle length pants that linden lab made. So now i have these pants that are stuck on my avatar and I cannot get them off, if i wear other pants they just go on over the top of thsee ones leaving me with white bits around the edges. I tried to contact LL about it, but they said unless i pay them they won't help me. so does anyone else know how to fix this? Thanks. 

I had this happen with one of the really old items from a store that has now closed. Even after I removed it, I kept getting error messages and my top was replaced with a blank white texture. Mine was fixed by changing into one of the library outfits, deleting the problem clothing item and relogging.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.