How do I file a complaint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whoa!!! slow down Peter don't be so quick to get emotional and argumentative.

You had made the statement that there is no way for sellers to know if an item had been delivered or not implying there was no mechanism to attest to this which is not true.  I was pointing out there is a system that confirms whether an item is delivered or not delivered.  I am a seller and have seen sometimes that an item did not get delivered. The point of contention here is really in the reliability of that system.

Your bias against the Marketplace is quite apparent.  I do not use vendors that provide detailed sales options in-world.  So I would not say that in-world transactions are more reliable, faster or easier to verify comparative to the Marketplace. 

I will agree with you that a seller does lose the amount of commission LL charges for Marketplace transactions in a refund situation but in business that is a negotiable lost, in other words a natural cost expected in doing business.  Especially, when offset by the benefit of the free advertising.

I am really sympathetic to what has happened to Farthington.  

Lixena Lamourfou wrote:

You had made the statement that there is no way for sellers to know if an item had been delivered or not implying there was no mechanism to attest to this which is not true.  I was pointing out there is a system that confirms whether an item is delivered or not delivered.  I am a seller and have seen sometimes that an item did not get delivered.

Is this about our posts on p1?  If so I'm sorry but I simply do not agree that marketplace provides any mechanism to tell vendors when an item has been delivered.  The best you'll get is a message saying the magic-box has sent it (which SL calls delivered but often isn't)

I sympathise with anyone who loses out because of bugs in the system.  I am, however, pointing out that it is not fair to accuse vendors of 'nefarious activities' and demand all sorts of actions against them because of those bugs.  Complaining about bad service is absolutely fine though.

(Erm, I've stated my 'bias against' the marketplace so I hope it is apparent!  I don't know what your point is there)

As a seoarate point of interest are you saying you don't sell in-world or do but don't use vendors of that type?  I'm just suprised if you do sell in-world if you've found transactions there no more reliable or fast.

You're absolutely right particularly since there is no material cost to providing an item. 

If it's transfer, the most it does is put one extra copy in circulation, which might be one lost sale, but it's kind of unlikely that someone who will try to scam you out of a second copy of a trans/no copy item would have paid for the second copy anyway.  So really it's no loss at all in the worst of cases, and an honest customer kept happy in the best of cases.

If it's copy, it does not matter how many copies you send to a single avatar so long as that avatar paid you for it once.

• 6 months later...

Gigi Ponnier wrote:

I bought an item that claims to be a PSD file and it has NO layers and nothing of what the merchant says its has how do I get a refund and send LL a complaint as item not as described???

did you try contacting the merchant for help first?

Is this something you bought in SL or from the marketplace?  A PSD file isn't something that can be sent, or even present, in-world so if so it's likely they sent you a prim with a web-address from which to retrieve the file.  Have you opened whatever they sent you to see if there is a notecard with instructions inside?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.