How to find web site destinations in world.

Airway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am currently using Firestorm. I would like to know how to find a destination in world that I found in the web site guide. I have used other viewers that allowed me to click the TP button on the web site to get to a destination. This isn't working with Firestorm. I have tried entering the name of the destination in the search field but it often says not found.

In response to LoveAngel:
Please reread my original post.  Also, I don't have the places landmarked because I'm not sure how to get to them to landmark them!

In response to Valerie:
I'm not understanding where I need to select my viewer.  When I click the TP button from the web site nothing happens at all.

In response to Rolig:
I am using Google Chrome.  I have Firefox but I have a lot of problems with it crashing.  I avoid using it.

3 answers to this question

It does work with Firestorm but you have to select it expressly. When you clck on a SLurl from the web site and choose 'teleport to this destination", your browser chooses Second Life by default. You have to choose an application (in your case, Firestorm) then click '"open". It will launch Firestorm.

Are you using Firefox as your browser?  (Good choice.  It's the only one I can give you advice for. :smileytongue: )  If so, open the "Tools" menu at the top of your Firefox screen.  Then select Options >> Applications.  Scroll down till you find secondlife in the left hand column.  Then , in the right hand column, browse to the location where your Firestorm viewer's exe file is stored on your hard drive.  (Probably in C:\Programs.)  Set that as the application, and close the window.  That will make it so Firefox automatically opens Firestorm whenever you click on a SLURL on a web site.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.