Physics (custom made) loading greys out calculate button

Marcthur Goosson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I always make physics myself.

In general I use planes.

The uploader resized/replaced those planes automaticly to the boundingbox of the mesh model.

Since today this does not work properly anymore.

When I load my physics dae I see the replacing/redimensioning and immediatley the calculate button greys out.

I tested with using the physics dae as mesh model and the same file as physics, no problem at all.

Mesh project viewer 241391.

Any thoughts about this ?

Thanks.

Long shot.... Have you tried just using the current Viewer-3? I'm thinking that mayhaps the mesh project viewers are no longer current, since V3 is able to work with mesh now as standard.

Also... by chance, does your physics mesh have materials mapped to it? This could possibly be a problem if it does. In the past, if I used any LOD meshes with materials assigned, and they don't match the main mesh in regards to NUMBER of materials assigned, the uploader won't accept them... Although unlikely, this might also apply to physics meshes as well, IF they have materials assigned to them (physics hulls normally don't have materials assigned at all, and the uploader accepts them - not sure if it makes any difference if they DO have materials, but worth mentioning anyway).

:matte-motes-smile:

Same problem here. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-27009

But, it's not absolute. Some of my older models are accepted with their custom physics shape, others are not. And all those models are in SL already, uploaded with the regular viewer.

So, I'm kinda confused on how to make physics shapes now, if almost half of them are not accepted, without telling me what requirements for physics shapes might have changed.

Also, all my physics shapes don't have material, they are mostly just a simple box. Models were made in blender and 3ds max.

So, feel free to vote on my jira thingy there, there's definitely something borked.

Maeve Balfour wrote:

Long shot.... Have you tried just using the current Viewer-3? I'm thinking that mayhaps the mesh project viewers are no longer current, since V3 is able to work with mesh now as standard.

The latest project viewer is very much current, there's a new upload screen for mesh models with extra funky dropdowns, it's much more intuitive than the current release of the viewer.

Well, if it is a resize problem and we are bound from now on to use a bounding box for the physics shape that is exactly as big as the mesh's bounding box - what are the advantages of a custom physics shape then? It's not much better than sculpties then.

If the physics shape resize to the size of the mesh's bounding box all these tricks that already worked with sculpties are not gonna work anymore. For example, the sculpty door with a bounding box double the size of the sculpty itself. With a custom physics shape you could have physics just for the door, and not the other half of the bounding box.

Well, this video should show better what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/user/ashasekayi#p/c/2A3AF00B41F652ED/13/yow60SivXtw

This is not gonna work anymore if physics shape snap to the size of the mesh's bounding box.

• Lindens

Marcthur Goosson wrote:

I always make physics myself.

In general I use planes.

The uploader resized/replaced those planes automaticly to the boundingbox of the mesh model.

Since today this does not work properly anymore.

When I load my physics dae I see the replacing/redimensioning and immediatley the calculate button greys out.

I tested with using the physics dae as mesh model and the same file as physics, no problem at all.

Mesh project viewer 241391.

Any thoughts about this ?

Thanks.

Can you post your SL log? There is most likely some info in there about why this is occuring,..

-prep

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.