Zhao ll spam text. Help please.

LolitaFrance Anthony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I think the answers forum area seems to get lower traffic than these regular forums do, I'm re-asking this question here, and I'm adding more information.

I have a ZHAO ll animation override, and when I turn it off this is what I see in open chat:

ZHAO-II: 8% memory free
ZHAO-II: Touched.

If I hit the button twice, off and back on, I see this:

ZHAO-II: 8% memory free

That's extremely spammy to me. Is there something I can do to reduce the amount of text, without messing anything up?

In the Content tab of the Zhao ll, listed along with everything else it says:

New Script

New Script 1

New Script 2

New Script 3

I believe that these scripts are what's causing the spam because when I open those scripts and read them, every one of them says, Say Touched (I've highlighted the exact wording below). I'm afraid to remove or change anything on my own. Can somebody tell me that it'll be okay, and tell me exactly what to do? I would ditch the whole thing and buy something new, but I invested a decent amount of money on the Vista Animations, and it took me an extremely long time to decide on what I thought worked good enough, and I even made mistakes/wasted money and bought three AO's that I decided later on I didn't like.

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSay(0, "Hello, Avatar!");
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llSay(0, "Touched.");
    }
}

When you asked this question in Answers, you didn't mention that there were extra scripts in your AO.  If you open an object with your edit tool and look at the Contents page, you'll see a button that says New Script.  Every time you click on that button, it creates  copy of the default "Hello, Avatar!" script that you just copied and pasted into your note here.  I have no idea why someone clicked that button a mess of times, but they have made multiple copies.  None of those belong in your AO.  Just to be sure that you are doing the right thing, open each one to verify what it is.  If it's one of those "Hello, Avatar!" scripts, just delete it.  When you have removed all of them, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

I moved the scripts over to an empty folder first (just in case anything went haywire), when I did that it left the same scripts in the ZHAO, then I deleted those. It's working perfectly now. Thanks to you both for all of the help. :smileyvery-happy: And Rolig I'm sorry about leaving information out, my thoughts have been more scrambled than usual. Also, kudos x's 2.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.