redzone

Uh Ohl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The redzone is such a big invade of privacy. A stalker scanned me once while I was sitting at a  help island place. so now, I am searching for a way to block stalkers. I found an  ALT DETECTOR BLOCKING TOOL on the market place that hides alts. The tool  hide your IP address. do you think the tool really works? I was wondering if anyone has used the tool and thought it was worth the linden. I don't want to waste 1,200 lindens on something that doesn't really work. For now, I turned off my media and cookies to protect myself. I don't know if it's will help me much now since someone has already scanned me with redzone. A friend said turning off media for a short while when you land somewhere and turning it back on scrambles the redzone. The Redzone is a brillant idea and great tool to keep stalkers away. It is really ashame when RedZone is used for stalking people instead of it's real purpose. I appreciate any opinions and advice about the hide your alt tool thanks.

2 answers to this question

RedZone no longer exists.  Its creator was banned from SL last Spring and the software was removed.It is possible to capture your IP address using other means, but RedZone isn't the one to worry about.

Determining someone's identity from an IP address is very unreliable.  Many people commonly share the same address, so anyone using that approach will get a lot of false hits.  The current generation of SL viewers all offer you the option of filtering streamed media URLs, which you are already doing.  That's a good way to handle your concern, and it doesn't waste L$1,200.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.