How to find places for shooting fashion photos

Cajsa Lilliehook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a list of bookmarks that I browse around in when looking for a new place to shoot. Sure, I often map jump, open the map and size the sims so that they are very small thumbnails and then look for ones that stand out - that are not standard green and sand colors - and just go. I find amazing places that way. I found a fabulous spot last night by jumping to a red square and look what I found. The sim is called Locus.

6166179598_29c68ebbaf.jpg

But sim jumping is not the fastest way to find a new place. Instead, I seek out the expertise of the sim travelers who blog and the folks who share the travel photos on Flickr and Koin-up. Here are my favorite places to look for ideas. And please, if you have more - share, because the more places we have to look, the more we can find.

I also keep a handy list of landmarks that I share with anyone who wants, this post on my blog from May tells you about it and how to get it.

• Like 1

I don't ask permission. I give the name of the sim and a slurl at the end of my post along with the other credits: hair, skin, clothes, location. 

I try to remember to leave a small tip - 20-100 Lindens - when I enjoy a sim. It's nothing toward their tier, of course, but it is a small thank you and possibly encouragement to keep the sim going. Besides if everyone who went to a sim made a small contribution, they would add up and perhaps we would still have some of the sims we miss so much. 

LL prescribed a method for land owners to mark their sims as unphotographable. If it lists in a land's covenant that you are expressly forbidden to take images of the space or do machinima on the space, that is considered adequate warning. The vast majority of land owners do not limit screen capture or machinima but if ever in doubt, check the covenant.

The covenant for the sim I own states: "Machinima and screen capture (photography) are expressly allowed on all parts of the sim. However, all international laws apply to the capture and reproduction of specific works and we ask that you respect people's privacy, as always."

I would think most sims would welcome photographers and references.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.