Problems with all lowercase first name?

Disharmony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Has anyone experienced problems buying gifts or partnering with a resident with an all lowercase first name?  My friend and I experience many problems such as if I buy him a gift it goes through but then leater rejects back to me as failed.  The only way I have been able to purchase a gift for him is to contact the creator direct and pay the creator to go online and deliver it direct to him.  Also we've tried to Partner but even tho the request goes to email we cannot accept proposal after many tries.  Does anyone have any suggestions about this?  I thought perhaps his all lowercase first name could be the problem and now a couple of other residents agree this may be the problem, but so far no one can offer a solution.

1 answer to this question

Lower case first names are very common and not at all problematic.  (You should see some of the really goofy ones.  How do you say "Hello" to someone named 152984001BX2?)

There have been chronic problems with sending gifts through Marketplace for quite some time.  It's not just you.  We have had a couple of other people here in Answers just this morning with that same issue, for example.  You have already found the way to resolve the problem, I see.  I wish I could offer a more assuring way, but until LL can isolate the bug, there isn't one.

I have not heard of a similar problem with partnering, and can't suggest a reason for failure.  If it happens over and over, I suggest getting a good record of exactly what you have done and what messages you have received, if any.  File a JIRA report (at http://jira.secondlife.com) so that LL's developers can know what's not working.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.