In SL right now and having trouble opening boxes. Can someone help please?

Airway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm having trouble opening boxes of some items I just purchased from the Marketplace.  I'm at one of the public sandboxes and am following the instructions in the knowledge base.  Is anyone available to help?

What are "no copy" items?  I can't get these out of the box.

2 answers to this question

Hello Airway and welcome to SL Forums. If you are in a Sandbox, you are in the right way. With simple words drag the box on the ground. When you see it --> right click on it --> Open --> Copy to inventory. That's all. You are ready to use your stuff. You wear the items with right click on them one by one and wear or add.

For more details, please check out the following link:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

Let us know if you need something more specific editing your post (Options --> Edit)

If an item is "no copy", it means just that.  You get that one copy, and you can't make any more.  You can move it from the box to inventory the same way you moved everything else.  Rez the box, right click and select Open, then click the button that says "Copy Items to Inventory".  In inventory, open the Recent tab and check to see where the items were placed.  Move them to your preferred locations if necessary.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.