I have a folder stuck in the root of my inventory, can I do anything about that?

Twiddle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay I know this is odd, but somehow, and I don't know how, I got a folder stuck on the root level of my inventory.  It's on the same level as the actual inventory folder and the library folder (instead of being inside the inventory folder where it should be).  It's a folder given to me by something I bought, and it just ended up there.  Since it's root level like the normal inventory and library it's reading the same restrictions on the library and inventory and not letting me move, delete, copy or anything, and the stuff inside it is acting like the stuff in the library where if I try to use anything in that folder it makes a copy in the appropriate type folder in my inventory folder and then works from there.

So the obvious question is how do I fix this? Is there anyway I can get it moved from the root level back into my inventory folder or delete it after I make a copy of it, I can manually copy the items in it one by one right now?

Edit:  For those of you that don't understand what "root level" means I'm going to try and add in a picture here for you to see what I've got when I fully collapse my inventory.

Inven.png 

3 answers to this question

This is a known issue and has been for a long time, it seems (link).  You can file a ticket with support, but that may take forever.  I've heard that people have gotten help with this directly from a Linden, though I wouldn't know which one to direct you to for that.  Maybe someone will come along that knows.

I remember someone suggesting that, until you can get it fixed, you should create a new folder inside your inventory by the same name as your stuck folder then copy everything from the stuck one into the new one... that way you'll be able to use those items.

Hope this helps ...Dres

Ok that is odd. If it is really acting like a Library folder then try to wear one of the things in it and see if it copies that item and moves it to your Clothing folder and shows it as being worn in Bold the way this happens from Library clothes. If this happens just wear each item one by one and when they are all your Clothing folder create a new folder and drag them into it.

I so want to ask did you try dragging that Flying folder on to the Inventory folder but I'm guessing you did and it doesn't work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.