Running sl with a i5 and a ati radeon hd 5570 graphics card (everythings grey :( )

sylar Oppewall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear LL and anyone that might be able to help me I just bought an i5 and have allot of ram and memory
As well I went in for the radeon hd 5570 graphics card. Since I installed sl viewer 2 and phoenix firestorm both
Able to run a mesh format. Well I have not been able to get anything to rez the av to an antire sim remains grey and the performance level is extremely slow. I've ran other games outside of sl and the graphics are stunning so what's wrong with
Sl? It expensive enough getting a decent pc and such. I would really appreciate some help here.

Missing sl already
Sy

ive taken advice from other SL members and used the following link: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=crashes_and_graphics_glitches  to try and fix the issue but it has not  helpt either

im the last couple day i have tried various ways of removing and deselecting http, lowering graphics changing the group title, tp'd to an empty sim. Cleared cache. Removed and reinstalled the graphic drivers, as well various sl viewers anything and everything I can think of as well been as active in the sl group help chats trying to find answers to the issues.

intel® core i5-2310 cpu @2.90GHz
4.00GB
64 bit OS

ATI Radeon HD 5500 series (graphics card)

this is the sate od sl to me its hard to think that with the system i have that it would run and look like this someone has to have had this problem please let me know how i can adgust and fix it

Snapshot_002.JPG

it seems you got an internet problem, what is happening there is that the objects and textures are not being downloaded at the speed they should.

the problem may be on your firewall that is not letting second life go through and it slow it down, or may be in the port that second life is using, try changing the normal port you are using to 13000, you just have to activate it under preferences. that will send second life through another channel. also, try increasing your download speed, you may have it at the lowest.

this is how to do it in viewer 3:

you go under the menu Me > Preferences > Setup, and click the Custom Port switch and restart the viewer.

custom port.JPG

if you dont feel comfortable using that port you can just uncheck it and go back to the normal port.

you can also try increasing in this window the maximum internet bandwidth that Second Life use so everything will download faster, i use it at max, 10,000 kbps.

well thank you for that hint i wish that had been the issue i tried this tip using the SL viewer 2 and 3 and a couple others

i was really hoping that this was the issue but it would appear that its still not accepting my harware and things are still grey and running as slow as if i was on a dial up compt.

still hoping that LL or someone out there will be able to help me resolve this issue im having

maybe is another program that is blocking second life from running, like an antivirus or a firewall.

press the windows key + R to open the run window, and write there MSCONFIG, and click ok, in the windows configuration window, go to the "startup" tab and disable everything, this will make windows run with just the basic, you can enable everything again if you need to, go to the tab "services" and check "hide all microsoft services", and disable everything too, if some options cant be disabled its because they are necessary, so its ok. press ok to save the settings and restart your computer.

if one program is blocking Second Life from running fine, Second Life will run good now, also your computer will be faster.

well that didnt work either, i think that SL and LL perhaps is not able to recognize my system or the hardware that im running. thank you again for your offer of a suggestion i reall had hoped either one of your suggestions might have worked but everything is still the same as it was Grey and very laggy with no option to do anything.

i dont know if you have tried this, but try disabling the basic shaders under graphics in preferences, that will speed up Second Life and will make things load faster, if that works, you may been having problems with the shaders on your videocard.

i would also check on the configuration of my videocard in the settings for 3D games, one option in the wrong position may be affecting Second Life. you can try changing the settings one by one, or if you have some help documentation about the settings, check what they do and change it if you suspect there will be the problem.

yes i have tried that and im still not sure what the issue is its becoming more apparent that perhaps the LL servers are unable to support the high performance graphics computers i dont know this has never happened to me in the past is there a viewer that works better with a high performance computers or do i wait till LL updates there servers?

Canoro Philipp wrote: you can also try increasing in this window the maximum internet bandwidth that Second Life use so everything will download faster, i use it at max, 10,000 kbps.

Ditto that.  I run an i7 with an Radeon 5770, which is very similar to the 5570 (5770 has faster DDR5 memory).  I have no problems. I don't think it is your hardware.  I'm running the current V3 beta, btw.

Second Life 3.0.3 (240667) Sep 13 2011 12:01:00 (Second Life Beta Viewer)

CPU: Intel® Core i7 CPU       

Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1043

OpenGL Version: 4.0.10207 Compatibility Profile Context

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1

Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000

Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)

Voice Server Version: Not Connected

Built with MSVC version 1600

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.