Forum Photo Album

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

According to some posts I have seen, it seems that not everyone is aware of the recent Photo Album feature on your forum profile. So here's a little reminder about this very cool option: :smileywink:

To check a forum profile, click on the Resident's name on his badge.

At the right of the profile page, most recent pics are shown. Clicking on the "view all images" green link at the bottom will get you to a page where all images can be seen if they were set "public".

album1.jpg

album2.jpg

According to some posts I have seen, it seems that not everyone is aware of the recent Photo Album feature on your forum profile. So here's a little reminder about this very cool option: :smileywink:

To check a forum profile, click on the Resident's name on his badge.

At the right of the profile page, most recent pics are shown. Clicking on the "view all images" green link at the bottom will get you to a page where all images can be seen if they were set "public".

album1.jpg

album2.jpg

I wish I understood how to use this feature.  Maybe you can answer some of my questions...

Okay, so I have a public folder, I'm assuming that if I set some pics to private, I'd have a private folder... right?  Not important, really.

So, are the only folders we can have the public one and the private one?  No.

If not, how do you create other folders?  See below.

If you can create other folders, can you move already existing pics into it?  You can.

If you can move them, will it break the links to the pics in the posts where you've already embedded them?  No.

Can you embed a pic that's set to private and still have it show up in the post, even though it's set to private when someone looks for it in your Photo Album?  This I'm not sure of, I know I can see them, but I'm not sure if anyone else can... if anyone can see the smileys I've embedded in this post, the answer is yes.

Will it break links to previously embedded pics to set them to private after you've posted them?  No.

Do folders effect the way the pop-up page works when you go to embed a pic?  In other words, say I wanted to create a folder that just contains all the smileys I've uploaded... would I be able to go to that folder and pic from just the pics in that folder, when I want to embed a smiley?  Unfortunately, no... you still have to go through every single pic you've uploaded to find the one you want... not good.

Actually, this last thing is what I'd like to do the most... it would make my life much easier.  Other than that, I don't see a huge benefit to having folders at all.  Hey, that's another question... what else are they good for?  This question still stands.

I hope I've at least made some sort of sense whilst bombarding you with these questions.  Honestly, I'm not really awake yet.

...Dres *runs for some coffee* coffeescreen.gif

ETA: Okay, after playing with it for a few seconds, I realize now how you create other folders.  Maybe if I play with it a little more, I'll be able to answer some more of my own questions.  You think I could have done that before posting this mess... lol.

Btw, you have to create a folder when you're uploading a pic from Images itself, as opposed to doing it in the pop-up when you go to embed a pic.  Having never uploaded a pic that way before, I had no idea.

Testing: blush.jpeg

bomb.gifhiding.gif

"ETA: Okay, after playing with it for a few seconds, I realize now how you create other folders.  Maybe if I play with it a little more, I'll be able to answer some more of my own questions.  You think I could have done that before posting this mess... lol."

LOL. The best lessons seem to be the ones you learn by yourself...

"Can you embed a pic that's set to private and still have it show up in the post, even though it's set to private when someone looks for it in your Photo Album?  This I'm not sure of, I know I can see them, but I'm not sure if anyone else can... if anyone can see the smileys I've embedded in this post, the answer is yes." I can see all the smileys you've embedded, so the answer is yes.

/me passes Des another cup of coffee. :smileyvery-happy:

Well that's good to know, though I don't see the point in putting all my smileys into a folder if I can't choose just that folder to look through when I go to embed one into a post.  Maybe that's something I should suggest... I mean, otherwise, the benefit of having folders still eludes me.

Also, it seems like you should be able to just create a new folder without having to upload a pic in order to do it.

...Dres (Thanks for the coffee!) yay-smiley.gif

Another piece of album trivia for you....

Everyone`s original "Public" folder (the one you can`t delete) are shown here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/media/v2/gallerypage/tab/albums & you can go through other people`s albums and comment on the pics or give them Koodies.

The albums appear to be listed in the order of age of when you first uploaded a picture & as far as I can see there is no way to change the sort order of 111 pages of them. It would be nice if they could be sorted to show recent changes for example. They are still fun to look at. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.